The use of magic mushrooms for medicinal purposes is becoming gradually less of a taboo in the United States. There is a large psychedelics community in the U.S., but there is also a lot of misinformation regarding the safe use of magic mushrooms. As a result, it is important to properly educate oneself on the topic before researching or experimenting with the healing properties of magic mushrooms.
Magic mushrooms are often used in researching the management of trauma and PTSD. However, even therapeutic dosages can distort the perception of space and time as well as the manner in which the brain processes emotions. Lab tested psilocybe spores used in research provide an opportunity to learn more about the possible health benefits of magic mushrooms.
Although considered sacred plants, magic mushrooms can become dangerous if consumed in large doses. To avoid an immersed or overly-intense experience, micro-dosing is, usually, recommended in order to achieve lighter effects.
It is, generally, recommended to start on a low dose and gradually increase the dosage to achieve effects. It is also advised to hydrate properly in order to eliminate the substance from your system after each use. You can also infuse it in herbal tea or take it with food to avoid the bitter taste. However, it should not be taken with fruit, nuts or on a full stomach.
Ginger and oranges are known to heighten the experience, which is why it is best to avoid them in order to properly control the dosage. Moreover, it is widely suggested not to cook or heat the mushrooms. If taken with food, they should simply be incorporated within the dish as they are.